National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 29 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- India’s indigenously developed surface-to-air Akash missile has been successfully test fired by Indian Air Force personnel, from the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur (Odisha). This missile has a strike range of 25 km and a warhead capacity of 60 kg and speeds ranging from Mach 2.8 to Mach 3.5.
- The list of 20 smart cities out of the 98 shortlisted, which will be the first to receive funds, for the ‘Smart Cities Mission’ has been released. The next two years will see the inclusion of 40 and 38 cities, respectively. The 20 cities named in the first list are
- New Delhi
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has ordered officials to implement a ban on polythene in entire state starting from January 2017.
- An Indian Police Service (IPS) officer from the Uttar Pradesh cadre, Aparna Kumar, has successfully scaled the 17000-ft high Mount Vinson Massif, which is the highest peak in the Antarctic sub-continent.
- A Vigilance court has ordered FIR against Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Solar scam case.
- Supreme Court has appointed Justice Sanjay Mishra as Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta. Earlier, the court has appointed Justice Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta, but later it recalled that order.
- According to the new rule imposed by Indian Railways, any individual will not be able to book more than six tickets online(presently 10) in a month from IRCTC website from his/her user ID. The restriction will come into force from 15th February.
- Vice Admiral Ashok Subhedar has been chosen for Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) for his extraordinary services to Indian Navy.
- The Ministry of Defence has adjudged the Assam Regiment as the best marching contingent in the services category for the Republic Day Parade 2016. The Border Security Force has been declared the best in the paramilitary and other auxiliary forces category. In the tableau category, West Bengal has bagged the first position, followed by Tripura and Assam.
- The second volume of memoirs of President Pranabh Mukherjee titled “The Turbulent Years: 1980-1996” has been released at Rashtrapati Bhavan. This book has been released by Vice President Hamid Ansari. It speaks of events in Mukherjee’s political life during the time including Indira Gandhi’s assassination and Operation Blue Star.
- The 8th Edition of the four-day India Art Fair began in Delhi at the NSIC grounds in the Okhla Industrial Area. The fair is showcasing art from 70 galleries from around the world.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 29 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir has ordered the opening of the border which Sudan shares with South Sudan for the first time since the secession of South Sudan in 2011.
- In a major breakthrough for artificial intelligence, a computer program has for the first time defeated a professional player in the ancient Chinese board game of ‘Go’. Developed by Google-owned company DeepMind, AlphaGo has defeated over three-time European Champion Fan Hui by 5-0.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 29 January 2016
- The Customs Department has launched a mobile app named ‘Indian Customs-Guide to Travellers’ to inform people about the Custom rules. The app is a first-of-its-kind in the world and contains customs baggage rules and entitlements of passengers coming from various countries. It also works in offline mode.
- India has overtaken Thailand as the world’s largest rice exporter in the year 2015 by shipping (exporting) 10.23 million tonnes of rice.
- Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das has announced that the government has received subscription for 2,790 kg gold amounting to ₹726 crore under the second tranche of the sovereign gold bond scheme.
- California-based DIY app-building application Appy Pie has been launched in India. Appy Pie lets users design professional-looking apps using themes and media elements from its gallery, without writing any code. Users can integrate GPS, m-commerce and push notification features in their apps, and can then publish the apps on the iOS and Android app stores.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has announced the implementation of its long due quota reforms which were passed in 2010, which only got the US Congress’ approval last year. Note : As a result of these reforms, four emerging market countries (Brazil,China, India, and Russia) will gain more voting rights and be among the ten largest members of the IMF.
- Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani has emerged as the richest person in India and the 27th richest in the world with a net worth of $24.8 billion, according to a global list of 50 wealthiest people. Other Indians on the list are: Wipro chairman Azim Premji and Sun Pharmaceuticals head Dilip Shanghvi.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 29 January 2016
- Australian Olympic diving gold medallist Matthew Mitcham will not compete at this year’s Rio Games after announcing his retirement from the sport recently.
- The captain of the champion Indian basketball team in the first Asian Games in 1951, Ranbir Chopra has passed away at age of 86 years. Chopra had been a part of the Punjab team that won the national title in 1951 in Ludhiana.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.