All important current affair for pdf download covering national, international, economics, sports daily news that can be asked in UPSC, State PSC exams is selected from today’s newspapers below.
National Important Current Affair – 29 January 2017
- Dr Vijay Bhatkar, the architect of India’s first supercomputer, Param, has been appointed as the new Chancellor of Nalanda University for three years term. He replaces George Yeo who resigned after the Board of the University was reconstituted last year.
- Over 99% of Indians aged 18 and above have their Aadhaar cards with the unique identification number. This high number of enrolments will give a boost to the government’s drive to make India a less-cash society as it is encouraging the use of AadhaarPay, a merchant version of Aadhaar-enabled payment system (AEPS).
- Note that: Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number which serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) assigns Unique Identification Number “Aadhaar” to residents of India on voluntary basis.
- After a jawan alleged in a video recently that poor quality food was being served at border posts, Army Chief Bipin Rawat has launched a WhatsApp helpline, 9643300008, for its personnel to register their complaints.
- Central Water Commission (CWC) under the Ministry of Water Resources River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has signed two MoUs with IIT Madras and IIS Bengaluru, for procurement of specified equipment and software, for enhancing their capability to support dam rehabilitation and dam safety efforts through World Bank assisted Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP).
- The Indian Navy’s Annual Theatre Readiness Operational Exercise (TROPEX) has begun off the Western Seaboard. It will have ships and aircraft of both the Western and Eastern Naval Commands, and also assets from the Indian Air Force, Indian Army and the Indian Coast Guard exercising together. It will strengthen their inter-operability and joint operations in a complex environment.
International Today’s Current Affairs – 29 January 2017
- 29th January is World Leprosy day. It is observed on last Sunday of January since 1954. In 2015 , India accounted for 60% of new cases of leprosy globally.
- Denmark will appoint a ‘Digital Ambassador’ for managing its relationship with technology giants like Google and Apple. This will make Denmark the first country to appoint Digital Ambassador.
- The Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement for Country-by-Country Reporting (CbC MCAA) has been signed by seven jurisdictions – Lithuania, Gabon, Hungary, Indonesia, Malta, Mauritius and the Russian Federation. It is a tax co-operation agreement, to enable automatic sharing of country-by-country information. Now, the total number of its signatories has increased to 57.
About CbC MCAA:
The CbC MCAA, aims to boost transparency by multinational enterprises (MNEs).
It allows signatories to bilaterally and automatically exchange country-by-country reports, as part of Action 13 of the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) Action Plan.
This agreement helps ensure that tax administrations obtain a better understanding of how MNEs structure their operations, while also ensuring confidentiality.
Economics Current Affairs Today – 29 January 2017
- The Indian Railways plans to lease out its standalone passenger corridors and lines to private companies for operations and maintenance. This marks the beginning corporate participation in the running of the world’s 4th largest railroad network. Largely unprofitable routes linking Kalka and Shimla, Siliguri and Darjeeling, Nilgiri mountains, and the Kangra Valley railways would be among the first the government will likely choose to bid out to private operators. These private companies will be free to set fares on these lines after the approval from the upcoming Rail Development Authority of India.
Sports Current Affair News – 29 January 2017
- Anime series Dragon Ball Z’s character Goku has been selected as the Ambassador of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Note that: Goku is one of the most dedicated athletes in the manga universe as he spends a majority of his life training in martial arts.
- Beijing Olympics gold-medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra has been appointed as the Chairman of the reconstituted Target Olympic Podium (TOP) committee. This committee also has former athlete PT Usha and former badminton player Prakash Padukone among others. The mandate of this committee is to identify and support potential medal prospects for the 2020 and 2024 Olympic Games.
- US tennis player Serena Williams has went past Steffi Graf to become the Player with the most Grand Slam singles titles in Open Era after claiming her 23rd title at the Australian Open against her sister Venus Williams.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affair. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.