The Current Affair Capsule is a brief collection of all news of the day. ExamPariksha.com makes a list all important news points day to day.
National News Important Current Affairs Update – 3 June 2016
ExamPariksha publishes day to day current affairs capsule covering relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios from today’s current news.
☀ The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved a new broad gauge line between Mau Station of North Eastern Railway and Tarighat Terminal station of East Central Railway, measuring 51 kilometers. It will provide alternative, shorter convenient and better transport infrastructure to the area separated by River Ganga.
☀ The Supreme Court, has observed that mere possession of assets disproportionate to known sources of income is not an offence and a person can be held guilty only if it is proved that the assets were acquired through illegal means.
☀ The Cabinet has approved that the chairperson and members of the public enterprises selection board (PESB) should hold office for a period of 3 years from the assumption of charge or until they turn 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
☀Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi and US Ambassador to India Richard Verma have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for exchange of intelligence on terror on a real time basis that include biographic information of known and suspected terrorists.
- According to this pact, India and the US will provide each other access to terrorism screening information through the designated contact points, subject to domestic laws and regulations.
- It will enhance the counter terrorism cooperation between India and the US.
- Terrorist Screening Center (TSC) is a multi-agency organisation administered by FBI which consolidates several terrorist watch lists maintained by different US government agencies into single terrorist database on terror suspects. This database includes the names of the terror suspects, their nationality, date of birth, photos, finger prints (if any) and passport number.
☀ The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) will sensitise industries about the use of solar thermal technologies in heating and cooling applications.
- Benefits of this technology in industries, is mainly in terms of reducing carbon emissions.
- The MNRE extends support of up to 30 per cent of the total cost of solar thermal projects.
International News Daily Current Affair Capsule – 3 June 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked from current affairs capsule in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ The Cabinet has approved the signing of three MoUs between India and Qatar for cooperation in skill development and ‘recognition of qualifications.’ It will strengthen ties between both countries in the field of tourism, and also provide cooperation and mutual assistance in matters related to customs.
☀ Cabinet has also approved the MoU between the United States of America and India to enhance cooperation in wildlife conservation and combating wildlife trafficking.
- It seeks cooperation in areas including wildlife forensics and conservation genetics which is useful in species conservation efforts and better scientific evidence collection in wildlife crimes leading to better enforcement of laws.
- Both the countries, will cooperate in the area of natural world heritage conservation which includes facilitating the institutional capacity of the existing UNESCO Category -2 centre at Wildlife Institute of India.
☀ The Louvre museum in flood-hit Paris is evacuating artworks held in its underground reserves as the River Seine has began to burst its banks. The famous riverside museum, which the most visited in the world, is home to works ranging from the Mona Lisa to priceless Egyptian artefacts. Its galleries hold the world’s greatest collection of Impressionist masterpieces, including the finest paintings by Renoir, Manet, Van Gogh and Degas, as well as 24 works by Gauguin.
☀ The World Bank has dropped the use of ‘developing nation’ tag for India in its specialised reports henceforth. Now WB classifies India as a “lower-middle-income” economy in South Asia. The decision to stop using the term developing countries, has been taken because the word has no universal definition, hence, causing countries like Malaysia and Malawi to come under the same category.
- As per the new classification: Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Nepal are low-income economies,
- Pakistan and Sri Lanka fall under lower-middle-income,
- Brazil, South Africa and China under upper middle income,
- Russia and Singapore under high-income-Non-OECD,
- US under high income-OECD.
Economics News Today’s Current Affair Capsule – 3 June 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks to “immediately put in place a cyber-security policy highlighting the strategy to combat cyber threats given the level of complexity of business and acceptable levels of risk”.
☀ The Union government has set up the Financial Sector Search and Recruitment Committee headed by cabinet secretary P K Sinha to decide on members and heads of financial regulatory agencies.
☀ Raghavan Seetharaman, Qatar-based Indian banker, has been awarded the Green Economy Visionary award for his contribution in environment-friendly activities and for promoting green economy for nearly two decades. He was presented with the award at the 2016 Union of Arab Banks International Banking Summit held in Rome.
☀ HDFC ERGO General Insurance arm of mortgage lender HDFC has acquired L&T General Insurance for Rs 551 crore. It is the first such consolidation in India’s crowded general insurance sector having total 27 players.
- L&T General Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of the infrastructure and engineering major Larsen & Toubro (L&T).
- This sale marks an exit from the insurance business for L&T.
☀ Hero MotoCorp Ltd (HMCL), the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, has augmented its senior leadership team with the appointment of Malo Le Masson as the head of global product planning.
Sports News Current Affair Capsule – 3 June 2016
The following important current affairs capsule about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀Nita Ambani, founder-chairperson of Reliance Foundation, has been nominated as an independent candidate to be a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The IOC is based out of Lausanne in Switzerland. The election for membership, is scheduled at the 129th IOC Session at Rio de Janeiro. She will serve as a member of the IOC until she reaches 70 years of age.
☀ A cheerful white tiger cub, named ‘Soohorang’, has been unveiled as the official mascot for South Korea’s 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. This is our contribution towards making students more aware of what to study and what to ignore in daily news. We hope this compilation of current affair capsule was useful for going through today’s important events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.