National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 30 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The Supreme Court has asked the government to set up an expert committee within four weeks to probe into the complaints related to the working conditions of nurses in private hospitals and nursing homes in the country.
- Wildlife film maker & Padma Shri awardee Naresh Bedi has been honoured with V Shantaram Life Time Achievement Award 2016 during the inauguration of 14th edition of Mumbai International Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films – MIFF 2016.
- About this Award : This award is instituted in memory of legendary film maker V Shantaram.
- For locating and destroying a suspicious Pakistani boat off the Gujarat coast in December 2014, two Naval officials have been awarded with President’s Tatrakshak Medal. They are, Commandant Chandra Shekar Joshi and Commandant Abhay Ambetkar .
- Surat-based company Biomatiques Identification Solutions has launched a ‘Retina Recognition Technology’ for identifying Cattle. Under this, each animal is assigned a unique ‘Cattle UID’ which will help them qualify for insurance schemes.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 30 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Margaret Chan has announced that the Zika virus has been spreading explosively. The Zika virus, that is spread by the bite of Aedes mosquitoes, has been linked to brain defects in babies. It is believed to cause neurological problems like microcephaly, a condition of abnormally small head in babies.
- NASA’s Mars Opportunity rover has completed 12 years on the red planet. This rover took six and a half months to land on Mars, and costs about $14 million per year to operate. It is noteworthy that earlier, NASA believed it would only function for 90 days because of the extreme level of dust on Mars.
- Indian activist and lawyer Henri Tiphagne has been honoured with the Amnesty International Germany’s human rights award 2016. This award will be presented to him in April at the official ceremony at the Maxim Gorki Theater in Berlin.
- China and Iran have signed 17 documents & letters of intents to broaden bilateral cooperation in Tehran during the Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Iran. These agreements cover various fields such as energy, industrial capacity, finance, investment, communications, culture, judiciary, science and technology, news media, customs, climate change and human resources.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 30 January 2016
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has become richer by $6 billion in one day after the company’s stocks surged by over 10% . The 31-year-old’s net worth is now around $47 billion. This makes Zuckerberg the sixth richest person in the world overnight.
- The Ministry of Shipping has announced that a batch of six metro coaches made in India were shipped to Australia from Mumbai port. Out of the planned 450 coaches, this is the first shipment to be exported to Australia within a period of two and a half years.
- India’s fiscal deficit in the first nine months (April-December) of the financial year stood at ₹4.88 lakh crore, 87.9% of its full-year target. In comparison, the figure has been 100.2% in the previous fiscal. The fiscal deficit is the difference between the government’s total expenditure and revenue.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed an $80million loan agreement to continue improving infrastructure in two North Eastern State Capital cities of Agartala(Tripura) and Aizwal(Mizoram). It will also support urban reforms.
- The Bank of Japan (BOJ) has announced that it would introduce negative interest rates from next month to give a boost to the economy.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 30 January 2016
- Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis have won the Australian Open women’s doubles title on Friday, when they beat seventh seeded Czech combination of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka.
- The Indian women’s cricket team has defeated Australia in the 2nd T20I by 10 wickets and took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series.
- Former Australian MP, Pat Farmer, who is also an ultra-marathon runner, has set out on marathon ‘The Spirit of India Run’ covering 4600 km in 60 days. It started on January 26 from Kanyakumari and is targated to reach Srinagar on March 31. With this, Pat aims to promote goodwill between Australia and India, while also raising funds for girls’ education in India.
- Indian rifle shooter Abhinav Bindra has been honoured with the International Shooting Sport Federation President’s Button and Diploma of Honour, the highest honour of the sporting body. He is also the only Indian to have Olympic (2008) and World title at the same time.
- India has clinched the ongoing three-match series against Australia 2-0 after winning the second T20 by 27 runs .
- Paul Kantner, a founding member and guitarist of the 1960s American psychedelic band, the ‘Jefferson Airplane‘, has passed away at age of 74 years.
- Former minister and freedom fighter Maheswar Baug has passed away.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.