All important current affair for pdf download covering national, international, economics, sports daily news that can be asked in current GK section of UPSC, State PSC exams.
National News Important Current Affair – 30 January 2017
☀ Republic Day celebrations culminated with the Beating Retreat ceremony where President Pranab Mukherjee, the chief guest of the function and the Supreme Commander of the armed forces rode the ceremonial buggy down the Raisina Hill for the last time during his tenure.
Note that: Pranab Mukherjee assumed office in 2012 and during the 2014 Beating Retreat ceremony, the buggy was brought back, three decades after its discontinuation at public functions due to security reasons.
- ‘Beating Retreat’ marks a centuries-old military tradition, when the troops ceased fighting, sheathed their arms and withdrew from the battlefield and returned to the camps at sunset at the sounding of the Retreat.
☀ The Arunachal Pradesh tableau has bagged the 1st position among the 17 state tableaux that took part in this year’s Republic Day parade. This tableau depicted the Yak Dance, a popular pantomime(means – dramatic entertainment), of the Mahayana sect of Buddhist Tribes in the state.
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has been adjudged the best marching contingent for the 5th time among the different paramilitary forces that took part in the Republic Day parade.
☀ The nation pays homage to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 69th death anniversary today. He was assassinated on 30th January in 1948. The nation also observes two minute silence at 11 AM as a mark of respect towards the brave martyrs of the country.
☀ The Budget session will start tomorrow with President Pranab Mukherjee’s address to a joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha. The Economic Survey will also be presented on the first day of the session. General Budget will be presented on Wednesday.
- Both houses will have a month long recess from 10th February to 8th March to enable the Standing Committees to consider the Demands for Grants of Ministries and Departments and prepare their requisite Reports.
☀ Oral cancer is identified as the leading cancer among men in India, Director of the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics Partha P. Majumdar has said, while participating at the 29th Kerala Science Congress at Thiruvalla in Kerala.
- Over 2.60 lakh new oral cancer cases and 1.20 lakh resultant deaths were reported a year in India.
- Tobacco smokers are 27 times more likely to be afflicted than non-smokers.
☀ On the eve of National Immunization Day, President Pranab Mukherjee launched nationwide Pulse Polio programme for 2017 by administering polio drops to children at Rashtrapati Bhavan. This programme will cover around 17 crore children aged under 5 years to maintain the country’s polio-free status.
☀ I&B Ministry has inaugurated North East Film Festival ‘Fragrances from the North East‘ at National Film Archive of India in Pune, Maharashtra. The objective of the film festival is to sensitise people from other regions to the culture of the North East as envisaged in the Centre’s “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” programme.
☀ The North Eastern Council (NEC) and the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to harness the potential of Cane and Bamboo of North Eastern Region in Shillong.
☀ Chennai Police has imposed prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPC on the Marina Beach until February 12. This comes after thousands of people gathered at the Marina Beach in support of the traditional bull-taming sport, Jallikattu. The orders prohibit assemblies, demonstrations and meetings, however, it does not apply to families.
International Today’s Current Affair Updates – 30 January 2017
☀ US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order which has a clause that says privacy protections would not be extended past US citizens or permanent residents in America. This clause is in contravention of the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement which ensures non-Americans are not treated differently by US organisations with weaker privacy safeguards.
☀ A US judge has issued a temporary halt to the deportation of visa holders or refugees stranded at airports after President Donald Trump issued an order barring entry to them for 90 days. The American Civil Liberties Union had filed a case in response to the order issued on Friday. Note that: Hoards of people have been protesting at US airports over Mr Trump’s clampdown on immigration.
☀ The Colombian government and rebels of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) have announced a joint deal to fight cocaine crop cultivation. Under this deal, farmers will be offered loans, subsidies and monthly payments of around $350 if they agree to destroy their cocaine crops.
Daily Economics Current Affairs News Today – 30 January 2017
☀ The India Post has received payments bank licence from the Reserve Bank of India to start the rollout of its banking operations commercially.
- Note that: India Post Payments Bank is the 3rd entity to receive payments bank permit after telecom major Airtel and digital payments startup Paytm.
- What are Payments Bank? Payments banks are such that can accept deposits up to Rs 1 lakh per account from individuals and small businesses.
30 January 2017 – Important Sports Current Affair News
☀ India won the match over England with a five-run win in the 2nd T20 Cricket match played in Nagpur to level the three-match series now. The visitors had won the first match in Kanpur earlier.
☀ Swiss tennis player Roger Federer defeated Spain’s Rafael Nadal in five sets in the Australian Open men’s singles final, to win his record 18th Grand Slam title. This was the duo’s 12th Slam encounter, with Nadal winning nine of the matches.
- It is Federer’s first Major title win after the 2012 Wimbledon.
- In the process, the 35-year old has also become the second-oldest winner of a Grand Slam tournament in the Open Era after Australian Ken Rosewall won the Australian title at the age of 37 in 1972.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affair. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.