These current affairs updates have all concepts that may be useful for upcoming bank po and ssc cgl 2016 exams explained. Share it with your friends and spread the love.
30 May 2016- National News Daily Current Affairs Updates
Here are todays current affairs being published by ExamPariksha.com covering relevant fact based daily important news. To include all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section.
☀ President Pranab Mukherjee has presented the Malti Gyan Peeth Puraskars 2016 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Malti Gyan Peeth Puraskars are presented annually since 2013 to Government school teachers from Punjab’s High & Higher Secondary Schools for their contributions in the field of education.
- It was instituted by Mohinder Singh Syngle Education & Research Society in honour of its founder Malti Mohinder Singh Syngle, eminent educationist.
☀ Former Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) President and former Home Minister, Ramesh Chennithala has been unanimously elected leader of the Kerala Congress Legislature Party and opposition leader.
☀ Defence Minister Manohar Parikkar has announced that the Union government has cancelled all ongoing tenders for defence equipment won by Italy’s Finmeccanica. Since, the firm is being investigated for bribery in the Agusta Westland VVIP chopper deal.
☀ Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has inaugurated 6 language versions of PMO India website. The move will deepen Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s connect with people to further Government’s agenda of development and good governance. These languages are –
International News Important Current Affairs Updates – 30 May 2016
The following exampariksha listing of international news has important todays current affairs updates which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC, SSC CGL 2016 and State PSCs.
☀ French President Francois Hollande and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are marking the 100th anniversary of the battle of Verdun, the longest of World War I. Hundreds of thousands of French and German soldiers has died during the 10 months of fighting in north-eastern France. Today Verdun is seen as a symbol of Franco-German reconciliation.
☀ 29th May has been observed as the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers.
- The theme for 2016 is: “Honouring Our Heroes”.
- The objective is to honour the remembrance of the UN peacekeepers who have lost their lives in the cause of peace as a result of acts of violence, accidents and disease.
- The First UN Peacekeeping mission was founded in 1948
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 30 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy. We hope this collection on exampariksha.com helps you in increasing your financial awareness.
☀ The Centre has procured 20,000 tonnes of onion from farmers to create a buffer stock for market intervention in the event of price rise in near future.
☀ India, the world’s 3rd largest steel producer, stands among the top 10 importers of Steel in 2015, according to the latest data by the global industry body World Steel Association (WSA).
- On Imports : India imported 13.3 million tonnes (MT) steel in 2015 while China imported 13.2 MT of steel during the same period.
- On Exports: WSA data show that India exported 7.6 MT of steel in 2015, which is just a fraction of what China exported during the same period at 111.6 MT.
- Future prospects: India’s steel demand is expected to grow by 5.4% to 83.8 MT in 2016 on the back of low oil prices and reform momentum, with policies to increase infrastructure and manufacturing output.
- Problems for Domestic Industry: The imports from China, Japan and Korea have increased, which is creating trouble for domestic industry.
- Steps by Government: By imposing anti-dumping duty, safeguard duty on imported steel products and policy announcement on minimum import price (MIP).
- Challenges for steel industry: China’s slowdown impacting global volatility in financial markets, sluggish growth in global trade and low oil and other commodity prices. The global steel market suffers from insufficient investment expenditure and continued weakness in manufacturing sector.
30 May 2016 – Todays Current Affairs Updates Sports News
The following important todays current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view.
☀ Riding on brilliant all-round performance, Sunrisers Hyderabad, clinched their maiden Indian Premier League title in a high-octane Final at the Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore. They defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore by eight runs.
☀ Asian Games discus throw gold medal winner Seema Punia has qualified for the Rio Olympics with a 62.62 meters effort at the Pat Young’s Throwers Classic 2016 held at Salinas (California) in the United States. The Haryana-based athlete won the gold in the event. She is the 19th Indian track and field athlete to have qualified for Rio Olympics.
☀ Real Madrid FC has lifted the 2016 UEFA Champions League Title. Earlier the team had won UEFA Champions League in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2014. Note that UEFA is headquartered in Switzerland.
P.S. Usually examiners ask current day to day GK based questions in personal interviews and exams focusing on recent events to check how informed you are. We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affairs updates. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.