National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 4 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 103rd session of the Indian Science Congress at Mysuru. In his speech Modi gave a new mantra comprising five Es for scientists. These 5E’s are: Economy, Environment, Energy, Empathy and Equity.
- Music maestro Ilaiyaraja has been selected for Kerala Tourism’s Nishagandhi Puraskaram 2016 for his artistic excellence and contribution to the Indian film music industry. This award carries a purse of Rs.1, 50,000, citation and a statuette.
- Implementing an announcement made in the Tamil Nadu Assembly in 2014 for farmers welfare, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has launched the Amma Seeds scheme. It is aimed at providing quality seeds to farmers. The Tamil Nadu State Seeds Development Agency will act as the nodal body to coordinate the seed farms, production units and farmers.
- President Pranab Mukherjee gave his assent to the five legislations which have been passed by Parliament in the recently concluding winter session. These legislations are:
- The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act
- The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act
- The Commercial Courts, Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts Act
- The Atomic Energy (Amendment) Act
- The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act
- The Finance Ministry has asked Public Sector Banks (PSBs) to strengthen their written examination for recruitment of Clerical and sub-staff posts as there will be no interviews for such appointments from this year onwards.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 4 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- China has created three new military bodies as part of reforms to modernize its military and improve its fighting capacity. These are, General command for the People’s Liberation Army, Missile force, and Strategic support force.
- According to the Press Information Bureau’s recent report, India has moved 13 positions ahead from 65th to 52nd rank in the Tourism & Travel competitive index. according to the list, the Top 10 in the list are: Spain, France, Germany, US, UK, Switzerland, Australia, Italy, Japan, Canada.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 4 January 2016
- Corporation Bank has bagged three awards at the ‘National Payments Excellence Awards 2015’ event. The Corporation Bank has received the award jointly with Indian Bank for ‘Cheque Truncation System’ under the mid-sized category. This function was organised by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- State-owned Punjab National Bank has announced that it has launched host of digital banking solutions including green PIN and enhancement of its mobile app.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC) for web-based monitoring of watershed projects. The web-based monitoring of Indo-German Watershed Development (IGWDP) projects will happen in three states, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Telangana.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.