National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 4 May 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based daily Current Affairs to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios from today’s current gk.
- The Supreme Court has set up a three-member committee, headed by former CJI R.M. Lodha, to oversee the functioning of the Medical Council of India (MCI) for at least a year.
- SC is endorsing a Parliamentary Standing Committee report of March 2016 that medical education and profession in the country is at its lowest ebb and suffering from total system failure due to corruption and decay.
- What is the Medical Council of India (MCI)? – It is the statutory body for establishing uniform and high standards of medical education in India.
- What are functions of MCI? – The MCI grants recognition of medical qualifications, gives accreditation to medical schools, grants registration to medical practitioners, and monitors medical practice in India.
The Supreme court has exercised its extraordinary powers under Article 142 of the Constitution. It empowers the Supreme Court to pass such “decree or order as may be necessary for doing complete justice between the parties”.
- Indian Railways has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with forest departments of Haryana and Punjab to plan 5 lakht trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary.
- President Pranab Mukherjee conferred National film awards 2015 in New Delhi.
- Veteran Film Actor Manoj Kumar was presented with prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
- Award for the Best Feature Film was given to Baahubali.
- Award for the Best Popular Film providing Wholesome Entertainment was given to Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
- Best Director Award was conferred on Sanjay Leela Bansali(Baajirao Mastani).
- Best Actor Award was given to Amitabh Bachchan for his film Piku.
- Best Actress Award was conferred on Kangana Ranaut (Tanu weds Manu Returns).
- The state of Gujarat for being the most film friendly state in the Country.
Important Current Affairs Updates International News- 4 May 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- Three eminent Indian Scientists Sriram Ramaswamy (Physicis), Ramanujan Hegde (Biochemis) and Lakshminarayanan Mahadevan (Applied mathematician) have been elected as the as Fellows of The Royal Society, a premier scientific academy of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
- Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has reportedly confirmed that he created digital payment system Bitcoins while also providing technical proof for his claims. The creator of bitcoin had earlier developed it under the pseudonym ‘Satoshi Nakamoto’.
About Bitcoin : Bitcoin is a virtual currency system in which users exchange bitcoins for transactions and ‘mine’ bitcoins by sharing their computing power.
- An Indian American Sikh woman Harmeet Kaur Dhillon (47) from California has been elected as the newest National Committee Woman, a key position of the Republican National Committee.
Economics News Today’s Current Affairs Updates – 4 May 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
- The International Monetary Fund(IMF), in its latest Regional Economic Outlook for Asia and the Pacific, has retained its growth forecast for India at 7.5 percent for this year, noting that it remains the fastest-growing large economy in the world. The growth momentum is underpinned by private consumption, which has benefited from lower energy prices.
- IT services company Wipro has inaugurated Saudi Arabia’s first all women business and technology park (WBP) at the Princess Nourah University in Riyadh. It is a joint venture between Wipro and the university, with oil firm Saudi Aramco acting as the strategic advisor.
- China has replaced all business tax with the Value-Added Tax (VAT), extending it to four new sectors of construction, real estate, finance and consumer services.
- Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched a web-based dashboard to provide an easy access to detailed trade data of various items, the country’s import and export to other countries. The dashboard will provide a graphical collection of export and import from India, to enable small and upcoming businessmen to foray into global trade based on reliable information.
4 May 2016 – Current Affairs Updates Sports News Today
The following important current affairs about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
- Seven Indian shuttlers have booked their berth for the upcoming Rio Olympics. It is the biggest badminton contingent India would be fielding at the quadrennial Games. The list includes two female singles players-Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu; a male singles’ player- Kidambi Srikanth; women’s doubles pairing- Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa; male doubles team- Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy.
- US-based squash player, Vikram Malhotra, originally hailing from Mumbai, won the $5000 PSA 2016 Charlotte Open.
- Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has accepted Indian Olympic Association (IOA)’s request to become India’s goodwill ambassador for Rio Olympics. Tendulkar will now join Olympic shooting champion Abhinav Bindra and Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who have already agreed to become goodwill ambassadors.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.