National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 5 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- Telangana has become the first State in the country where electronic motor insurance policies have been legally accepted by police and transport departments with the launch of e-Vahan Bima. Note that: The e-Vahan Bima is an electronic motor insurance policy issued in digital form with Quick Response (QR) code to scan for verification of policy details. An SMS-based verification is also installed, which can be stored and accessed on smart phones to make the process of verification easier for commuters as well as police.
- Former Defence Secretary R K Mathur has been sworn-in as the Chief Information Commissioner. At present, there are seven Information Commissioners : Basant Seth, Yashovardhan Azad, Sharat Sabharwal, Manjula Prasher, MA Khan Yusufi, Madabhushanam Sridhar Acharyulu and Sudhir Bhargava.
- Note that: The Commission is made up of one chief and 10 Information Commissioners. So, the posts of three Information Commissioners are still vacant.
- The Justice RM Lodha Committee has submitted its report suggesting reforms in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to the Supreme Court. Note worthy recommendations of the committee are:
- Separate governing bodies for IPL and BCCI, with limited autonomy for the IPL Governing Council.
- To legalise betting.
- No Minister or government servant should become a BCCI office-bearer.
- BCCI office-bearer’s term should not exceed more than two consecutive terms and he/she cannot hold 2 posts at the same time.
- Constitution and establishment of a Player’s association.
- ISRO is set to launch a regional navigation satellite IRNSS-1E on 20th January 2016 to provide terrestrial and aerial services. This is the fifth navigational satellite which forms part of a constellation of seven satellites meant for setting up the regional navigation satellite system in the country.
- The government has constituted a One-man committee to examine the wage structure and service conditions of gramin dak sevaks. Kamlesh Chandra, a retired member of the postal services board, will constitute the committee.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 5 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- 4th january is observed as the World Braille Day. This World Braille Day celebrates the 207th Birth anniversary of French Innovator Louis Braille. He was the inventor of a system of reading and writing for use by the visually impaired.
- Two Australians, Andrew Turton and Pete Ceglinski have designed a device called ‘Seabin‘ for clean up the ocean trash. This device has been designed in such a way that it cleans up marinas, coves and harbors of the trash that floats around in those areas, before the tides take it out, to be deposited at the bottom of the river, sea or lake, again.
- A friendship bus service between India and Nepal via Champawat in Uttarakhand has resumed after a gap of 27 years, much to the delight of people on either side of the border who have family and trade ties with each other. Note that: The service had been suspended 27 years back in the wake of the Indo-Nepal Trade and Transit Treaty.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 5 January 2016
- Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has announced a 16,500 crore rupees highway package for the state of Telangana. Note that: 1,670 kms of New National Highway projects will be developed in Telangana.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 5 January 2016
- The Indian team has won the 2015 South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) championship for the 7th time.
- Congress leader and former Speaker of Punjab Assembly Harnam Dass Johar has passed away.
- Hungarian-born cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond has passed away. He had won an Oscar for his achievements on “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and a nominee for “The Deer Hunter,” “The River” (1984) and the “The Black Dahlia” (2006).
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.