All important current affair for pdf download covering national, international, economics, sports daily news that can be asked in current GK section of UPSC, State PSC exams.
National News Important Current Affair – 6 February 2017
☀ Punjab and Goa have registered a record voter turnout in State Assembly elections. In Punjab 78.62 per cent polling was recorded for the 117 member Assembly. Goa has registered a record voter turnout of 83 percent in for the 40-member Legislative Assembly.
☀ Health Ministry has launched Measles Rubella vaccination campaign in the country at a function in Bengaluru. The campaign against these two diseases will start from Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Goa and Lakshadweep, covering nearly 3.6 crore children.
- The Measles and Rubella (MR) campaign targets around 41 crore children across the country, which is the largest ever in any campaign.
- All children aged between 9 months and less than 15 years will be given a single shot of MR- vaccination.
- Measles vaccine is currently provided under Universal Immunization Programme.
- However, rubella vaccine will be a new addition.
Measles is a deadly disease and one of the important causes of death in children. In 2015 measles killed an estimated around 49 thousand children under-5 years in the country.
Rubella is generally a mild infection, but has serious consequences if infection occurs in pregnant women, causing congenital rubella syndrome.
☀ Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam has tendered his resignation to Governor Vidyasagar Rao, citing ‘personal reasons’. His resignation came on a day when AIADMK MLAs elected party chief V K Sasikala as their leader, paving the way for her appointment as the Chief Minister.
Recall that: O Panneerselvam was appointed as Chief Minister on the night of December 5 within hours of the death of his predecessor J Jayalalithaa.
☀ The Government has introduced in Lok Sabha the Specified Bank Notes (Cessation of Liabilities) Bill that provides for holding, transfer and receiving of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes a criminal offence, punishable with a minimum fine of Rs 10,000.
- The Bill seeks to end the liability of RBI and the government on the currency notes demonetised.
- Once passed by Parliament, the bill will replace an ordinance promulgated on December 30 last which provides for a fine of Rs 10,000 or five times the cash held, whichever is higher, on holding of more than 10 banned 1,000 and 500 Rupee notes.
- It also prohibits the holding, transferring or receiving of these notes from December 31, 2016.
☀ Union Human Resource Development Ministry will set up a department – National Testing Agency (NTA) to conduct examinations for higher and secondary education. This decision has been taken to relieve the Central Board of Secondary Education, that has been conducting examinations in which around one million students appear every month which is a very large number. While the main purpose of CBSE is to bring reforms in the education system.
About the NTA (National Testing Agency) –
- Initially examinations like IIT, NIT and even university exams will be conducted by the NTA.
- Later on the secondary school exams will also be handed over to NTA.
- Initially CBSE staff will be deployed but later on the specialised people will be hired in the NTA.
☀ An Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System has been inaugurated recently in Mumbai. This system will enhance the security of valuable assets against asymmetric threats. It is a state of the art system with integrated radars, electro optic cameras and sonars. IUHDSS is an automated system capable of detecting, identifying, tracking and generating warning for surface and underwater threats.
☀ The iconic Mughal Gardens of the Rashtrapati Bhavan has opened for the general public. President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the gardens, as part of the annual Udyanotsav. The Mughal Gardens will remain open till 12th of next month except on Mondays which are maintenance days.
☀ The Indian Coast Guard and their UAE counter parts will take part in Joint exercise and sharing of operational expertise.
- Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Samudra Pavak has arrived to Dubai and has anchored itself at Port Rashid.
- Samudra Pavak, the 3rd of the Pollution Control Vessel series of the Indian Coast Guard, was indigenously designed and commissioned in January 2016.
- The ship has been tasked with EEZ surveillance, search and rescue, pollution response, etc.
International Today’s Current Affair Updates – 6 February 2017
☀ The Right to Information (RTI) Act has come into force in Sri Lanka, aimed at restoring transparency and good governance in a country that has been plagued by corruption and misrule. These authorities are bound to respond to these requests as per the specified guidlines, within a maximum period of 28 days.
☀ India will host the negotiations for mega trade deal RCEP in July, for liberalising norms for trade in goods and services and boost investment among 16-member countries in Hyderabad.
About Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP):
- It is the proposed mega-regional Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between 16 Asia-Pacific countries including India, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and the 10-member ASEAN bloc.
- RCEP seeks to achieve a modern and comprehensive trade agreement among members.
- The core of its negotiating agenda will cover trade in goods and services, investment, economic and technical cooperation and dispute settlement.
☀ The US State Department has revoked the suspension of nearly 60,000 visas after a Federal Judge in Seattle temporarily blocked President Donald Trump’s executive order banning people from 7 Muslim-majority countries from entering America.
The provisional revocation of visas under Trump’s executive order has been reversed, and individuals with visas affected the executive action may now travel if the visa remains otherwise valid.
☀ India will host a key meet on nuclear security in New Delhi from 8th February, which will be attended by 150 delegates from over 100 countries.
- It is organised by the Ministry of External Affairs in coordination with the Department of Atomic Energy plans to host the Implementation and Assessment Group Meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism. The event highlights India’s commitment to global nuclear non-proliferation and peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
- Note that: Prime Minister Narendra Modi made an announcement at the Nuclear Security Summit held in the US last year for this meet.
Daily Economics Current Affairs News Today – 6 February 2017
☀ Telecom regulator TRAI has imposed over Rs 11 crore penalty on service providers, for poor service quality including call drops.
- Over Rs 3 crore penalty is imposed on Aircel for not meeting set quality parameters for 2G service and Rs 1.56 crore for poor 3G service quality.
- Penalty of Rs 2.27 crore has been imposed on BSNL, Rs 1.64 crore on Reliance Communications (including Reliance Telecom), Rs 89 lakh on Tata Teleservices, Rs 84 lakh Vodafone, Rs 40 lakh on Bharti Airtel, Rs 13.5 lakh on Telenor, Rs 3 lakh on Sistema and Rs 1.5 lakh on MTNL for failing to meet 2G service quality parameters.
- Apart from Aircel, Trai has imposed Rs 70 lakh penalty on BSNL and Rs 2.5 lakh on Vodafone for breaching 3G service quality benchmark.
☀ The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, BCAS has suspended the licence of budget carrier IndiGo’s aviation security training facility run by IndiGo’s parent company, InterGlobe Aviation.. The regulatory authority took the decision after several lapses were detected in the examination procedure that it was following. The orders bar the Gurgaon-based airline from conducting security training programme for its employees any further.
6 February 2017 – Important Sports Current Affair News
☀ Indian skipper Virat Kohli, has featured in the latest cover star of the bible of cricket – Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack. Kohli led his side to victory against England in all 3 formats of the game recently.
- Virat Kohli is now only the third Asian origin player after Sachin Tendulkar and England all-rounder Moeen Ali to be featured on the cover of the magazine.
☀ Top seeded India defeated Malaysia 2-0 to win the gold medal in the boy’s team event at the Asian Junior Squash championship in Hong Kong.
- Indian boys have won the title for the 2nd time, the earlier being in 2011 when they defeated arch-rivals Pakistan in Colombo.
☀ India will host FIBA Women’s Asia Cup basketball tournament at Bengaluru. The continental flagship tournament for women will be held from July 23 to 29.
- India has also been given another continental level tournament-the FIBA U-16 Women’s Asian Championship – which will be held from October 22 to 28 in Hyderabad.
- This will be the first time since 2009 that India will host a major FIBA (International Basketball Federation) event.
☀ Eminent Hindu leader of Bangaladesh, Suranjit Sengupta passed away at age of 72 years. He was a veteran lawmaker from the ruling Awami League, who played significant role in framing the post-independence Constitution of Bangladesh in 1972.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important current affair. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.