National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 6 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das has inaugurated the state’s land bank web portal, “jharbhoom.nic.in” that would help investors know land-related information. It will give information about the land which is available at the district and the circle area level with a click of a mouse.
- Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) has parterned with the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) to develop a battery for passenger cars using technology which is in use to make batteries for space vehicles.
- The National Green Tribunal has directed the Centre and UP government to take a clear stand on a mechanism to clean Ganga river from Haridwar to Kanpur. The NGT has said Haridwar to Kanpur section of the river contains very high pollution by industrial trade effluents and huge quantity of sewage being discharged into the Ganga.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 6 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif has called up PM Narendra Modi and has assured that Islamabad will take prompt and decisive action against terrorists. Both the leaders have spoken in the aftermath of the terrorist attack on the Pathankot airbase. Modi has strongly emphasized the need for Pakistan to take firm and immediate action against the organizations and individuals responsible for the attack.
- British writer Kate Atkinson has won the Novel-of-the-year prize at Britain’s Costa Book Awards 2015 for the second time in 3 years. She has been awarded for A God in Ruins, a story of war and its aftermath. Note that: With this, Atkinson became the first author to receive the Costa novel prize three times: A God in Ruins in 2016, Life After Life in 2013, Behind the Scenes at the Museum in 1995.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 6 January 2016
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of 1 crore rupees on an SBI associate bank, State Bank of Travancore (SBT), for violation of some of its instructions, including reporting of data to Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC).
- The Odisha government has increased the Value Added Tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel by three per cent each, making the fuel dearer.
- IT industry body Nasscom has opposed Airtel Zero and Free Basics type platforms which it feels violate net neutrality principles by differentiating internet access for certain types of services.
- India’s third largest software exporter Wipro has named the former TCS veteran and current chief operating officer Abidali Neemuchwala as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- The LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India) has launched a new Limited Premium, non-linked, with profit Endowment Plan called LIC Jeevan Labh, which will be available for purchase from 4th January, 2016.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 6 January 2016
- Mumbai school cricketer Pranav Dhanawade has become the first player to score 1000 runs in a single innings. He has broken the previous record of 628 set by Arthur Collins in 1899.
- Australia has withdrawn from Under-19 World Cup Cricket tournament in Bangladesh citing security reasons.
- VVS Laxman’s knock of 281 against Australia in Eden Gardens in 2001 has been rated as the greatest Test performance of the last 50 years.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has won the 26th Lal Bahadur Shastri hockey tournament by beating Indian Railways.
- Former Chief Justice of India, Sarosh Homi Kapadia, who delivered some landmark judgements has passed away.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.