ExamPariksha publishes daily current affairs brief for pdf download, covering national, international, economics, sports sections for UPSC, SSC, CDS, PSC exams.
National Daily Current Affairs Capsule – 7 February 2017
☀ The Nagaland state cabinet, while taking serious consideration of the widespread concern expressed by various tribal Hohos (apex bodies) with regard to certain provisions of Part IX-A of the Constitution relating to municipalities, has decided to submit a memorandum to the prime minister to amend the Constitution through ordinance.
- This is seen as state government’s attempt to placate the tribal bodies which is opposing 33% reservation for women in urban local bodies (ULBs) and resorted to violence protest following which polls were called off.
- Experts say, Part IX (A) of the Constitution of India – that pertains specifically to municipalities – is not applicable to the state of Nagaland. Part IX (A) does not embrace a state where it is wholly tribal.
- Therefore, Part IX (A) is applicable to the states where tribals or scheduled castes are in minority and the majority are non-tribals, non-scheduled castes.
☀The New Delhi Municipal Council has renamed Central Delhi’s ‘Dalhousie Road’ after Mughal emperor Aurangzeb’s elder brother Dara Shikoh, who promoted the peace and concord between the followers of Hinduism and Islam.
Note that : The road is presently known as Lord Dalhousie road, who served as British India’s Governor General from 1848-56.
☀ The Railways Ministry is planning a 240-kilometre railway line connecting Port Blair with Diglipur on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It will cost over Rs 2,413 crore and be the first on the archipelago. It is seen as having tourism potential and “strategic value” for defence forces.
☀ Scientists have confirmed the multiple therapeutic properties of Neurocalyx calycinus used by the Cholanaickan tribe, to treat inflammations and wounds.
- The Cholanaickan tribe is one of the particularly vulnerable groups in Kerala.
- This medicinal plant is endemic to the southern parts of Western Ghats and Sri Lanka.
- It possesses wound-healing, burn-healing, anti-cancer, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, immuno- enhancing, platelet-augmentation and anti-oxidant effects.
- The presence of high Vitamin E content and potent cytoprotective activity in cell lines in the plant species have also enhanced the prospects of developing an anti-cancer drug.
☀ The Supreme Court has directed the Central government to link all mobile numbers to Aadhaar within a year. The Court has also directed the Centre to devise a way for people with a prepaid SIM to fill and deposit a form for every recharge.
International News Current Affairs Updates – 7 February 2017
☀ Queen Elizabeth II, the world’s longest-reigning living monarch, has completed 65 years on the British throne. She became the queen at the age of 25 years and is the only British monarch to celebrate her Sapphire Jubilee.
☀ India has been asked to send its nominee for inclusion in a global team to assist a United Nations committee which decides on banning terror outfits and their leaders. This presence of the India’s nominee on the panel may facilitate the government’s efforts to get Maulana Masood Azhar, head of Pakistan-based terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and mastermind of last year’s Pathankot air base attack.
☀ The 17th session of BIMSTEC senior officials’ meeting is being held at Kathmandu. The delegates of member countries will review the progress made by Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) and recommend future course of action to strengthen regional cooperation among the group.
Economics Today’s Current Affairs Download – 7 February 2017
☀ Commerce and Industry Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman said in the Lok Sabha that the Government is trying to promote cashless transactions as far as practically possible.
- Digital payments has given a fillip to financial inclusion, enables digital trail of financial transactions leading to better tax compliance and reduces cost maintaining cash.
- Increased digital transactions will also enable small and micro enterprises to access formal credit.
- Note that: A commercial establishment registered as Merchant is expected to pay to the Acquiring Bank an amount out of their collections based on Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) which shall not be more than 1 % in case of debit cards.
7 February 2017 – Sports Current Affairs Download
☀ Iran has lifted a ban on U.S. wrestlers, allowing them to take part in the Freestyle World Cup later this month in the Iranian city of Kermanshah.
☀ Alastair Cook has resigned as England Test captain after a record 59 matches in the role. He has been the country’s most capped Test skipper and has scored more Test centuries than any previous captain. A left-handed opening batsman, Cook was named Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 2012 and ICC World Test Captain in 2013.
We hope this compilation was useful for going through today’s important news. These are also for those looking for daily current affairs download. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.