National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 8 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- In a move which will benefit a large number of people struggling with the nursery admission of their children, the Delhi government has scrapped management quota and all other quotas except for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- ‘Operation Dhangu‘ was the codename given to the mission to eliminate the terrorists from the Pathankot airbase after heavily-armed Pakistani terrorists stormed the Air Force base, triggering a fierce gunbattle in which 7 security men were martyred and all the 6 infiltrators were gunned down. The exercise was given the name as Dhangu is the name of the village where the airbase has been established.
- Ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti is set to be the first woman CM of Jammu and Kashmir. She will succeed her father Mufti Mohammad Sayeed who passed away in New Delhi.
- Sam Pitroda, the former chairman of the National Knowledge Commission and ex-adviser to the prime minister, has been appointed Technology Advisor of Odisha.
- The Union Government has launched Ganga Gram Yojana to develop 1600 villages in Uttar Pradesh (UP) situated along the banks of Ganga River. The scheme has been launched by the Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti in Hapur district of UP.
- INS Kadmatt, the second Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Corvettes, has commissioned into the Indian Navy by the Chief of Naval Staff Robin K Dhowan at a glittering ceremony held at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam. Note that:- INS Kadmatt has been indigenously designed by Indian Navy’s in-house organisation, Directorate of Naval Design and constructed by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited, Kolkata.
- The Kerala Cabinet has decided to implement the ‘Sampoorna Arogya Keralam’ project announced in the 2015-16 State budget. This project aims to bring all major government health services under one umbrella.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 8 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- California Governor Jerry Brown has declared a Los Angeles-area gas leak an emergency and have vowed to protect public health and safety.
- Sri Lanka and Pakistan have signed eight important Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the cooperation between the two countries in several fields. Note : These MoUs were signed in the presence of Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe.
- Bollywood Priyanka Chopra has become the 1st Indian to bag an award at the American awards show as she won the Favourite Actress in a New TV Series award at People’s choice awards. She has won this award for her American show Quantico.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 8 January 2016
- In order to boost entrepreneurship, the Cabinet has approved ‘Stand Up India’ scheme in order to promote entrepreneurship among Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Women Entrepreneurs. The Stand up India Scheme will be a refinance window through Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with an initial amount of Rs 10,000 crore. Under this scheme, Rs 10 lakh to Rs 1 crore will be provided as loan for greenfield enterprises in the non-farm sector set up by SC, ST and women borrowers. The Scheme is intended to facilitate at least two such projects per bank branch, on an average one for each category of entrepreneur.
- 45 Indians and Indian-origin people have made it to the Forbes 5th Annual List of 30 under 30. This list features 600 men and women, who are America’s “most important young entrepreneurs, creative leaders and brightest stars” and are “changing the world” across 20 varied sectors such as consumer technology, education, media, manufacturing and industry, law and policy, social entrepreneurs, science and art and science.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor, Dr. Raghuram Rajan has been conferred with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for 2016 by The Banker, a monthly publication of the Financial Times Group focussing on banking. The Central Banker of the Year 2016 awards celebrate the officials which have best managed to stimulate growth and stabilise their economy.
- The World Bank has projected a robust 7.8% growth for the Indian economy in the current year. In its Global Economic Prospect report, the World Bank has cited strong investor sentiment in India and the positive effect on real incomes of the recent fall in oil prices.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 8 January 2016
- South Africa captain Hashim Amla has resigned as immediately after his side drew the second Test against England. AB de Villiers will lead South Africa in the third Test in Johannesburg, which starts on 14 January.
- World-renowned French conductor-composer Pierre Boulez, one of the most influential voices in modern classical music has passed away.
- Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed has passed away.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.