The Current Affair Capsule is a brief collection of all news of the day. ExamPariksha.com makes a list all important news points day to day.
National News Important Current Affairs Update – 8 July 2016
ExamPariksha publishes day to day current affairs capsule covering relevant fact based daily news to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Here is a sincere attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios from today’s current news.
☀ The festival of Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated across the country with enthusiasm and fervour.
☀ Kerala Tourism has identified 17 new locations to develop as tourist destinations under their Kerala Destination Scheme, in addition to the present 52 sites already being developed.
☀ The Union Finance Ministry has constituted 4 Member Committee to examine the feasibility and desirability of having a new financial year. The committee will examine the merits and demerits of various dates for the commencement of the financial year including the existing date (April to March) by taking into account various relevant factors.
- It will be headed by Dr. Shankar Acharya (former Chief Economic Adviser). The members are:
- PV Rajaraman (former Finance Secretary, Tamil Nadu),
- KM Chandrasekhar (former Cabinet Secretary)
- Dr. Rajiv Kumar (Senior Fellow, Centre for Policy Research)
☀ Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti has launched 231 projects under the ‘Namami Gange’ programme which is aimed at cleaning the river Ganga.
- The projects were launched at various locations across seven states– Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Delhi, and Haryana.
☀ The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon and photographer Aditya Arya will launch the world’s largest camera museum in Gurgaon on August 19, World Photography Day.
- ‘The Museo Camera – Centre of Photography‘ will showcase about 700 cameras curated by Arya.
- This museum will also display around 800 original patents of cameras dating back to the 1800s.
☀ Under the Centre Government’s ‘UJALA Scheme’, the Goa government is set to distribute 15 lakh free LED bulbs to 4.89 lakh consumers between July 8 and 17.
International News Daily Current Affair Capsule – 8 July 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked from current affairs capsule in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
☀ India has been placed at 91st position in the 2016 Networked Readiness Index (NRI) released by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Note that: This index was released as the part of the WEF’s Global Information Technology Report.
- It measures countries’ success in creating the necessary conditions for a transition to a digitised economy and society.
☀ China has inducted its largest indigenously-built transport aircraft named as Y-20, thereby making a crucial step in its Air Force history for improving its strategic power projection capability. It will allow them to transport cargo and troops over long distances in diverse weather conditions.
☀ PM Narendra Modi is visiting four nations touring Africa. He has arrived in Mozambique for the first leg of this visit.
☀ India and Mozambique has signed three Memoranda of Understandings (MoUs) in presence of PM Narendra Modi and Mozambican President Filipe Nyusi. These MoUs are for:
- Reduction of drug trafficking and psychotropic substances and related materials,
- Cooperation in the field of youth affairs and sports,
- Long term agreement for purchase of pulses.
Economics News Today’s Current Affair Capsule – 8 July 2016
The following economics current news update has all important economy news for exams. These will also help in developing a better understanding of Economy.
☀ Credit rating agency Standard & Poor’s has announced that the Macroeconomic situation is more secure in India and Japan compared to the other economies in the Asia-Pacific region due to their “strong policy decisions”.
- The report says that the region has been able to absorb the “first wave of volatility” after Brexit and Asia-Pacific’s economic picture has “brightened” except for China.
☀ After investing in 14 startups this year, Ratan Tata has topped the list of active angel investors in 2016, compiled by VCCEdge.
Sports News Current Affair Capsule – 8 July 2016
The following important current affairs capsule about sports news are relevant from exam point of view. Questions might appear in upcoming banking and SSC CGL 2016 exam about the following.
☀ 17 time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer has surpassed Martina Navratilova’s record for the most number of wins in Grand Slam singles matches, after beating Marin Cilic in Wimbledon quarter-final.
- This is Federer’s 307th win in Grand Slam singles, and his 84th victory at Wimbledon, equalling Jimmy Connor for the most number of wins at Wimbledon in the Open Era.
☀ Argentina national football team coach Gerardo Martino has resigned from the post citing lack of support from the Argentina Football Association.
Usually examiners ask GA or current GK questions in personal interviews and exams focussing on recent events to check how informed you are. This is our contribution towards making students more aware of what to study and what to ignore in daily news. We hope this compilation of current affair capsule was useful for going through today’s important events. Please share your comments with us. Have a Good Day!
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.