National News Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 January 2016
ExamPariksha publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs daily to cover all important happening and developments in the National sphere in this section. Usually examiners ask GA GK questions in personal interviews focussing on recent events to check how informed you are, is an attempt to cover all important topics for such scenarios also.
- The Centre has allowed the conduct of Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu after altering a 2011 Ministry of Environment notification by exempting the sport from performances for which the bulls should not be used. Note that : Jallikattu is a bull fighting sport played in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day.
- Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral R. K. Dhowan has commissioned INS Kadmatt,India’s second Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette (ASWC) at Visakhapatnam. The Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE) has built the INS Kadmatt for the Indian Navy.
- Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has ordered a ban on manufacture of food products containing tobacco or nicotine like ‘gutkha’ and ‘pan masala’ in the State with immediate effect.
- Nearly 12 years after it was set up to improve engagement with the Indian diaspora, the government has decided to merge the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) with the External Affairs Ministry in sync with its broad principle of minimum government, maximum governance.
- Pavan Kapoor, a 1990 batch Indian Foreign Service officer, has been named as India’s new ambassador to Israel. He will replace current ambassador Jaideep Sarkar.
- Amitabh Kant, the secretary in the department of industrial policy and promotion, has been appointed the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the NITI Aayog. He will replace former IAS Officer Sindhushree Khullar.
- BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha’s biography, “Anything But Khamosh” has been released. This biography was written by very famous journalist author Bharathi S Pradhan.
- Devender Kumar Sikri, a former IAS officer of the Gujarat cadre, has been appointed as the Chairman of fair-trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI). Sikri will replace current CCI Ashok Chawla, whose over four-year tenure has ended.
- Two years after registering a case into the country’s largest reported Ponzi Scam, the CBI has arrested Pearls Group CMD Nirmal Singh Bhangoo along with three others in connection with alleged swindling of Rs 45,000 crore from over five crore investors who have been lured with attractive land deals.
- Wattan Ko Jano, an initiative being carried out by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs in coordination with the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Government has came in news after more than 240 youth in the age-group of 15 to 24 from J&K met with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. The initiative is aimed at exposing youth from the state to the vibrant development and vitality of culture of people residing in other states of the country.
- The Andhra Pradesh state Regional Transport Authority, Vijayawada has launched an software tool – known as the Online Tappal Management System. The state Government of Andhra Pradesh has introduced the system at RTA, Vijayawada, Gudivada and Nandigama as a pilot project and can be adopted at other offices of the state Government after being tested for sometime.
International News Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 January 2016
Questions about International Relations (IR) are often asked in interviews, written exams conducted by various recruiters. The following international news has important daily current affairs which you must know as an aspirant for exams conducted by UPSC and State PSCs.
- Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli will embark on his first foreign visit post-assumption of office to India in February.
- Indo-French military exercise ‘Shakti-2016’ began at the Mahajan field firing range in Bikaner, Rajasthan. This exercise is an important step for both the armies to train together and gain from each other’s rich operational experience. Both these countries have troops deployed in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorist operations and therefore sharing each other’s military experiences will pay meaningful dividends.
- The Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval to the Agreement between India and Bahrain on Cooperation in the field of Combating International Terrorism, Transnational Organized Crime and Trafficking in Illicit Drugs, Narcotic and Psychotropic Substances and Precursors Chemicals and its ratification.
Economics News Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 January 2016
- The central government has given final approval to the proposed Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) in Chhattisgarh’s upcoming capital Naya Raipur. The proposed EMC to come up in 70 acres area as a special industrial park, will see the manufacturing of television set, CCTV cameras, set-top box, LED lights, computer related equipmentand other electronic gadgets. Here 61 industries would be set up which are expected to draw investments worth around Rs 2,000 crore.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has relaxed norms for the units of banks operating from International Financial Services Centres (IFSC) and permitted them to open foreign currency current accounts. Note that: As per the existing norms, IFSC Banking Units (IBUs) were not allowed to open any current or savings accounts.
- Online classifieds portal Quikr has announced the merger of real estate listing company CommonFloor.com, making the combined entity the biggest in the market.
- Shikha Sharma, the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of Axis Bank, has been honored with the Business Standard Banker of the Year award for 2014-15.
- State-owned power equipment maker BHEL has commissioned two substations in Afghanistan, expanding its footprint in the strife-torn nation. These substations have been commissioned at Charikar, around 60 km from Kabul, and Doshi, around 150 km from Kabul.
- India’s largest private sector lender ICICI Bank has partnered with FINO PayTech to foray into the payments bank space. With this partnership, ICICI Bank joins some of the leading lenders of the country which have partnered with payments banks.
Sports News Daily Current Affairs Update – 9 January 2016
- India’s Siril Verma has climbed up a whopping 11 places to occupy the Number One spot in the Junior men’s singles category in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.