NDA Government’s Updated list of Council of Ministers
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expanded his NDA government’s the Council of Ministers on 10 November 2014 first. Thereafter, on 5th July 2016, the cabinet was again reshuffled and expanded with 19 new ministers. The complete List of Council of Ministers is noteworthy.
The list below is categorized into Cabinet ministers, Ministers of State with independent charge, and Ministers of State.
Prime Minister Narendra Damodardas Modi: Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy Department of Space; All important policy issues and all other portfolios not allocated to any Minister.
- Rajnath Singh: Home Affairs
- Sushma Swaraj: External Affairs, Overseas Indian Affairs
- Arun Jaitley Finance, Corporate Affairs, Information & Broadcasting
- M. Venkaiah Naidu: Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Parliamentary Affairs
- Nitin Gadkari: Road Transport and Highways, Shipping
- Manohar Parrikar: Defence
- Suresh Prabhu: Railways
- D.V. Sadananda Gowda: Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Uma Bharati: Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ramvilas Paswan: Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- Kalraj Mishra: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Maneka Gandhi: Women and Child Development
- Ananthkumar: Chemicals and Fertilizers ; Parliamentary Affairs
- Ravi Shankar Prasad: Law & Justice ; Electronics & Information Technology
- Jagat Prakash Nadda: Health & Family Welfare
- Ashok Gajapathi Raju: Civil Aviation
- Anant Geete: Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Food Processing Industries
- Narendra Singh Tomar: Rural Development ; Panchayati Raj ; Drinking Water and Sanitation
- Chaudhary Birender Singh: Steel
- Jual Oram: Tribal Affairs
- Radha Mohan Singh: Agriculture
- Thaawar Chand Gehlot: Social Justice and Empowerment
- Smriti Irani: Textiles
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan: Science and Technology, Earth Sciences
- Prakash Javadekar : Human Resource Development
MINISTERS OF STATE (Independent Charge)
- Inderjit Singh Rao: Planning (Independent Charge) ; Urban Development ; Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Bandaru Dattatreya: Labour and Employment (Independent Charge)
- Rajiv Pratap Rudy: Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (Independent Charge)
- Vijay Goel : Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent Charge) ; Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation
- Shripad Yesso Naik: AAYUSH (Independent Charge)
- Dharmendra Pradhan: Petroleum and Natural Gas (Independent Charge)
- Piyush Goyal: Power (Independent Charge) ; Coal (Independent Charge) ; New and Renewable Energy (Independent Charge) ; Mines (Independent Charge)
- Jitendra Singh: Development of North Eastern Region (Independent Charge) ; Prime Minister’s Office; Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions ; Department of Atomic Energy ; Department of Space
- Nirmala Sitharaman: Commerce and Industry (Independent Charge)
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma: Culture (Independent Charge), Tourism (Independent Charge)
- Manoj Sinha : Communications (Independent Charge) ; Railways
- Anil Madhav Dave : Environment, Forest and Climate Change (Independent Charge)
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi : Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) ; Parliamentary Affairs
MINISTERS OF STATE
- General(Retd.) V.K. Singh: External Affairs
- Santosh Kumar Gangwar : Finance
- Faggan Singh Kulaste : Health & Family Welfare
- S.S. Ahluwalia : Agriculture & Farmers Welfare ; Parliamentary Affairs
- Ramdas Athawale : Social Justice & Empowerment
- Ram Kripal Yadav : Rural Development
- Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary: Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
- Giriraj Singh : Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
- Hansraj Gangaram Ahir: Home Affairs
- Ramesh Chandappa Jigajinagi : Drinking Water & Sanitation
- Rajen Gohain : Railways
- Parshottam Rupala : Agriculture & Farmers Welfare; Panchayati Raj
- M.J. Akbar : External Affairs
- Upendra Kushwaha: Human Resource Development
- Radhakrishnan P.: Road Transport & Highways ; Shipping
- Kiren Rijiju: Home Affairs
- Krishan Pal: Social Justice & Empowerment
- Jasvantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor : Tribal Affairs
- Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan: Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation
- Vishnu Deo Sai : Steel
- Sudarshan Bhagat: Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Y.S. Chowdary: Science and Technology, Earth Science
- Jayant Sinha: Civil Aviation
- Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore: Information & Broadcasting
- Babul Supriyo: Heavy Industries ; Public Enterprises
- Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti: Food Processing Industries
- Vijay Sampla: Social Justice & Empowerment
- Arjun Ram Meghwal :Finance ; Corporate Affairs
- Mahendra Nath Pandey : Human Resource Development ; Ajay Tamta Textiles
- Krishna Raj : Women & Child Development
- Mansukh L. Mandaviya : Road Transport & Highways; Shipping ; Chemicals & Fertilizers
- Anupriya Patel : Health & Family Welfare
- C.R. Chaudhary : Consumer Affairs ; Food & Public Distribution
- P.P. Chaudhary : Law & Justice ; Electronics & Information Technology
- Subhash Ramrao Bhamre : Defence
Most recent and latest list of council of ministers of the country updated on 12 July 2016.
The detailed latest list of Council of Ministers above is a must have for aspirants of all competitive exams in India.
We hope this latest list consisting of all council of ministers of India, in the present NDA government will enhance your general awareness and knowledge. We wish you good luck for all your endeavors.
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time! » We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost! » You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers! We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
We promise never to Spam or Share your personal information with anyone.