NDA Government’s Updated list of Council of Ministers
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expanded his NDA government’s the Council of Ministers on 10 November 2014 first and thereafter, on 5th July 2016, there was again a cabinet reshuffle. As on 4th September 2017, there has been a third Cabinet reshuffle in the Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Union Government. The complete List of Council of Ministers is noteworthy.
The list below is categorized into :
- Cabinet ministers,
- Ministers of State with independent charge,
- and Ministers of State.
Narendra Damodardas Modi: Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy; Department of Space; All important policy issues and all other portfolios not allocated to any Minister.
- Rajnath Singh: Home Affairs.
- Sushma Swaraj: External Affairs.
- Arun Jaitley
- Nitin Gadkari: Road Transport and Highways; Shipping; Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Suresh Prabhu: Commerce and Industry ; Civil Aviation.
- D.V. Sadananda Gowda: Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Uma Bharati: Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Ramvilas Paswan: Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- Maneka Gandhi: Women and Child Development
- Ananthkumar: Chemicals and Fertilizers ; Parliamentary Affairs
- Ravi Shankar Prasad: Law & Justice ; Electronics & Information Technology
- Jagat Prakash Nadda: Health & Family Welfare
- Anant Geete: Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Food Processing Industries
- Narendra Singh Tomar: Rural Development ; Panchayati Raj ; Mines.
- Chaudhary Birender Singh: Steel
- Jual Oram: Tribal Affairs
- Radha Mohan Singh: Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Thawar Chand Gehlot: Social Justice and Empowerment
- Smriti Irani: Textiles
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan: Science and Technology, Earth Sciences ; Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Prakash Javadekar : Human Resource Development
- Dharmendra Pradhan : Petroleum and Natural Gas; Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Piyush Goyal : Railways; Coal; Finance, Corporate Affairs (till Arun Jaitely recovers from kidney transplant)
- Nirmala Sitharaman : Defence.
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi : Minority Affairs.
MINISTERS OF STATE (Independent Charge)
- Rao Inderjit Singh : Planning (Independent Charge) ; Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- Santosh Kumar Gangwar : Labour and Employment.
- Shripad Yesso Naik: Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) (Independent Charge)
- Dr. Jitendra Singh: Development of North Eastern Region (Independent Charge) ; Prime Minister’s Office; Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions ; Department of Atomic Energy ; Department of Space
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma: Culture (Independent Charge), Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Giriraj Singh : Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Manoj Sinha : Communications (Independent Charge) ; Railways
- Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore: Youth Affairs and Sports ; Information & Broadcasting
- Raj Kumar Singh : Power; New and Renewable Energy
- Hardeep Singh Puri : Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Alphons Kannanthanam : Tourism.
MINISTERS OF STATE
- Vijay Goel : Parliamentary Affairs; Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Radhakrishnan P.: Finance ; Shipping.
- S.S. Ahluwalia : Ministry of electronics & information technology (MeitY)
- Ramesh Chandappa Jigajinagi : Drinking Water & Sanitation
- Ramdas Athawale : Social Justice & Empowerment
- Vishnu Deo Sai : Steel
- Ram Kripal Yadav : Rural Development
- Hansraj Gangaram Ahir: Home Affairs
- Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary: Mines; Coal.
- Rajen Gohain : Railways
- General(Retd.) V.K. Singh: External Affairs
- Parshottam Rupala : Agriculture & Farmers Welfare; Panchayati Raj
- Krishan Pal: Social Justice & Empowerment
- Jasvantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor : Tribal Affairs
- Shiv Pratap Shukla : Finance
- Ashwini Kumar Choubey : Health and Family Welfare.
- Sudarshan Bhagat: Tribal Affairs
- Upendra Kushwaha: Human Resource Development
- Kiren Rijiju: Home Affairs
- Dr. Virendra Kumar : Women and Child Development; Minority Affairs.
- Anant Kumar Hegde: Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- M. J. Akbar : External Affairs
- Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti : Food Processing Industries
- Jayant Sinha: Civil Aviation
- Babul Supriyo: Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
- Vijay Sampla: Social Justice & Empowerment
- Arjun Ram Meghwal : Parliamentary Affairs; Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Ajay Tamta: Textiles
- Krishna Raj : Agriculture and Farmer Welfare
- Mansukh L. Mandaviya : Road Transport & Highways ; Shipping ; Chemicals & Fertilizers
- Anupriya Patel : Health & Family Welfare
- C.R. Chaudhary : Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution ; Commerce and Industry
- P.P. Chaudhary : Law & Justice ; Corporate Affairs
- Dr. Subhash Ramrao Bhamre : Defence
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat : Agriculture and Farmer Welfare
- Satya Pal Singh : Human Resource Development ; Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
Most latest new list of council of ministers of the country updated on 16th May 2018.
The detailed latest list of Council of Ministers above is a must have for aspirants of all competitive exams in India.
We hope this latest list consisting of all council of ministers of India, in the present NDA government will enhance your general awareness and knowledge. We wish you good luck for all your endeavors.