To create a right strategy and face the civil services exam with the right approach, here we bring the top things an IAS aspirant (A BEGINNER) should know before starting their preparation straightaway.
First and foremost have a clear idea of the level of competition in the annual UPSC Civil Services Examination
- Individuals who turn up for Registration: More than 10 lakh aspirants per year;
- The number of Preliminary Exam Takers: Around 4.5 Lakhs per year;
- The number of those who pass Prelims: Around 15000 per year (based on seats +/- 2000)
- The number of those who pass mains: Around 3000 per year;
- Those who find mention in rank list after interview: Around 1000 per year.
Also Note that: As 49.5% seats are reserved, if you are a general category aspirant, you may need to be in the top 50% to ensure a place in the final rank list.
In general, you must take stock of the following things before you start preparing for the CSE.
1. Know about the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
2. Keep an eye on the UPSC Notifications
3. Know the UPSC Civil Services Exam Dates
4. Know the Eligibility for IAS
5. Know the UPSC Exam Pattern
6. Understand the UPSC Syllabus
7. Go through the UPSC previous years’ question papers
8. Know the right sources to refer
We'll Teach You FREE, How You Can...
» Crack Exams Like UPSC, RPSC, NET-JRF in no time!
» We'll send you all our Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Material Free of Cost!
» You'll also receive FREE eBooks & Questions Papers!
Sign Up Now!
Register to get our Free Study Material by email.
We never spam or share your personal information with anyone.