The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a national level competitive exam conducted by means of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit in prestigious Indian Government services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS.
The first paper for CSE is a Preliminary examination that checks the applicants on grounds.
PRELIMINARY TEST – UPSC GENERAL STUDIES General Studies for IAS is a general awareness paper.
The syllabus for UPSC general awareness is indexed beneath:-
1. Current activities of countrywide and worldwide importance.
2. History of India and Indian National Movement.
3. Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
4. Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
5. Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector projects, and many others.
6. General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that don’t require situation specialization.
7. General Science.